This is a repeat of a part of a post from a while back. I’ve cut this part out of it and present it again, for I think it can stand alone.
There is a song that has lyrics that go like this – “Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?” Well, with life there is a timeline, or stages of life. You’re born, you grow, you learn, you work, you live love and die… and so it goes for most everybody. With a country it’s much the same. There are stages in the life of a county. But there are differences between human life and a country or a society. You can change the course of events and reset the stages in the life of society and the purpose and values of a country. Think about each of the following –
The stages of life in a society
1. Bondage – From bondage Spiritual Faith and Truth is found and grows.
2. Spiritual Faith & Knowledge of Truth – From having faith God gives insights from which truth and knowledge derives. From this Courage springs forth.
3. Courage – From courage and faith brings strength to seek and obtain Freedom and Liberty.
4. Liberty – Liberty allows man to work for his own good, which allows man to obtain the abundance and bounty of creation.
5. Abundance – The liberty to create from which abundance comes also allows the ability to become complacent while enjoying the fruits of ones labors.
6. Complacency – Complacency breeds greediness, selfishness, and apathy. Apathy can manifest itself in laziness and leads to jealousy. It also causes forgetfulness of from where abundance is derived.
7. Apathy – Laziness and jealousy breeds a dependency on the work of others to satisfy selfish desires. Causes the loss of respect for others and for truths, large and small, both spiritual and human. Loss of faith. Beliefs become matters of convenience. The ends justify the means. The end result of all things becomes what one receives, not creates. The lack of the ability to create or do for ones own self, coupled with desire, results in dependency for survival.
8. Dependency – Dependency on others to provide gives way to bondage to others for that providence.
9. Bondage – Loss of Freedom and Liberty.
-Based on words attributed to Benjamin Disraeli, 19th century British Prime Minister
What time is it in the life cycle of our country? What can we do about it? Or, do we even care?